The law office of Amsale Aberra consults and provides the following non exhaustive list of  immigration services to our clients. Given that the U.S immigration law is federal, we can assist you with your immigration case even if you are currently living in any state or territory within the United States or any other country.

Immigration Law

Political Asylum

The law office of Amsale Aberra assists asylum-seekers at United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and in immigration court. We have a number of years of experience helping clients receive asylum status when they have been persecuted or have a well-founded fear of future persecution on account of their ethnic or religious group, political opinion, nationality, or membership in a social group.

Family Visas

Our office assists with obtaining lawful permanent resident status for immediate relatives or family members of U.S. citizens / permanent residents.

Green card through special categories of family, include but not limited to: K-visa categories for fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen and accompanying minor children (K-1 and K-2 visas), and battered spouse or child.

Our office assists with the removal of conditional resident status and sponsorship of children, parents, siblings, and their dependents.

We will work with you to file a motion to reconsider and/or motion to reopen denial of adjustment of status.

Citizenship and Naturalization

We assist our clients with their application for naturalization, certificate of citizenship, and review of eligibility for derivative and automatic citizenship.

Consular Processing

We provide assistance for people who have entered the United States without a visa, or with an immediate relative outside of the United States, to obtain permanent resident status through consular processing. Once the U.S. citizen or permanent resident relative files an I-130 petition for alien relative and the petition is approved, the immediate relative will be able to apply for permanent residency through a U.S. consulate abroad. Our office also assists with an application to reenter after deportation.

Additionally, our office assists noncitizens who have been deported from the United States to another country with their application for permission to reapply for admission into the United States.


Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Our office assists young people who came to the United States as children and who meet certain requirements to receive temporary immigration relief: a renewable two-year work permit and exemption from deportation.

J Visa Waivers

We assist our clients with waivers of the two-year J visa home residency rule.

Parole Requests

We prepare detailed parole requests for foreign residents to travel to the United States in the case of an emergency or for reasons of public interest.

Reentry Permits for Lawful Permanent Residents

Our office assists lawful permanent residents (LPRs) who wish to travel abroad for up to two years without abandoning their status or having to obtain a returning resident visa.

Temporary Protected Status

Our office assists qualifying immigrants with temporary protected status registration or adjustment of status when they are temporarily unable to safely return home due to an environmental disaster, civil strife, or other severe conditions.